Meet the Team
It is our passion to care for the heart, mind, body and soul for our dogs.
It is our goal & mission to enable our clients to be able to do the same for their dogs and become the BEST dog owner that they can be.
It is our life’s work to help dogs discover how to live life with people in a balanced, safe, sane and calm way.
Founder/Trainer – Aly is a certified dog trainer that loves people as much as their pooches and teaches the necessary skills for them both to enjoy a balanced life with each other. Aly’s approach is rooted in relationship, not commands alone. Aly trains humans, other dog professionals & trainers, and multiple dogs as she lives her daily life – which is complete with a bit of chaos and a lot of love.
THE DOGS are the reason why we do what we do! Our personal dogs share each and every day with our dogs in training, helping them to learn what a calm and balanced state of mind looks and feels like.
Seminars + Workshops + Certifications
- Certified ForceFree Method Off-Leash Remote Collar Trainer with Marc Goldberg
- Certified Perception Modification – Conditioned Relaxation with Kayce Cover
- Certified Leading by Example Trainer via LAW Workshop with Brian Agnew & Cheri Lucas
- Volhard Dog Nutrition Consultant
- Pet First Aid & CPR
- Professional Member International Association of Canine Professionals Certified Dog Trainer
- Pack2Basics Workshop with Chad Mackin
- Working with Difficult Dogs with Heather Beck
- Wendy Volhard’s “Healthy Dog Conference”
- Lucas Agnew’s “Raw Intuitive Talent – The Missing Link” Workshop
- Chad Mackin’s Behavior Trouble-Shooting Workshop
- Healthy Dog Summit Dr. Judy Morgan
- Relationship Based Behavior Modification with Nelson Hodges
- Public Access Basics clinic
- Introduction to Scent Work with Becky Pesicka
- Training Between the Ears with Mark McCabe
- Introduction to Service Dog Training Clinic with Leslie Horton
- Diabetic Alert Dog Summit with Adam Gibson
- Week-Long Shadow Program with Marc Goldberg
- Monks of New Skete and Marc Goldberg Clinic
- Mid-Coast Veterinary Medical Association’s Behavior Symposium
I’m Alyson Rodges, and I like to call myself the average person’s Dr. Doolittle.
My friends and family on the other hand, like to call me the energizer bunny because I have lived life on full throttle since I was a kid.
I am a wife, mother, sister, friend, blogger, writer, national competitor in the National Reined Cow Horse Association, and Doodle Whisperer!
I have enough energy to light up Las Vegas which, when you are a puppy trainer, is a necessary commodity.
I’ve been an entrepreneur since I was 18 and have worked with family and friends through it all!
My faith, my family and my friends have always sustained me through my ventures.
And I have had many successful ones…
- I opened up 8 frozen yogurt stores with my sister before retiring from that industry in 1999.
- I sold Mary Kay Cosmetics while in college and won the use of a Team Leader car!
- I started training kids on how to ride horses in my mid-30s and then resumed my non-pro showing career in my mid-40’s!
- I was a multi-time qualifier to the NRCHA World Championship show when I started showing my Paint Horse, Repeat Plan.
If I have a passion and love for something, I go for it!
It was after retiring from the frozen yogurt industry that I decided I was ready for my very own puppy!
That is when my first Labradoodle, Izzie, came into my life, and a new passion–Loving Doodles–was born. (Our Doodle family has grown through the years!)
I became the go-to person for all of my family and friends who needed someone to ‘baby-sit’ their dogs.
I would listen as they informed me of some of the issues that they were having with their pups as they were handing them over to me. Simply “pup-sitting” wasn’t enough for me, especially when I knew there were issues that needed to be addressed.
I began helping each pup understand what it was they should be doing, while addressing the issues mentioned and they jokingly began saying, “You have given our dogs some life management skills.”
What began as a hobby of helping friends and family with their dogs quickly turned into a full-time business for me.
Fast forward to 2012 when Aly’s Puppy Boot Camp® premiered.
Like every passion of mine, I hit the ground running, and haven’t looked back.
I’ve been blessed to own and train the BEST doodles in the World!
My training philosophy is simply that we train our dogs while we are living our everyday life.
Pooches become part of our extended family and live a life exposed to kids, family of all ages, animals, distractions, schedules, friends, errands, noises, smells, and so many other things.
That is why, at Aly’s Puppy Boot Camp, our pooches are exposed to a multitude of experiences that teach them how to cope with reality in a calm state of mind.
We literally ‘party proof’ our pooches!