Top Reasons to Invest in a Trained Dog for Sale:
- Time and Effort: Training a dog from scratch can be a time-consuming and challenging process that requires a lot of effort, patience, and consistency. By purchasing a trained dog, you can skip this process and enjoy the benefits of a well-behaved companion without investing the time and effort required for training.
- Tailored Training: Dogs can be trained specifically for certain tasks, such as providing deep pressure therapy for anxiety, hitting a panic button for assistance or providing comfort in challenging times. If you have a specific need for a dog with certain training or abilities, purchasing a trained dog can be a practical solution for finding qualified therapy dogs, emotional support animals and service dogs.
- Better Socialization: Trained dogs have typically undergone extensive socialization, which means they have been exposed to a wide range of people, animals, and environments. This can make them more adaptable, confident, and well-behaved in different situations, and can also reduce the risk of behavioral problems such as anxiety, aggression, and fearfulness.
- Consistency: Trained dogs have already been socialized and trained to respond to certain commands and behaviors, making them consistent in their behavior. This can be particularly helpful for individuals or families who want a dog with predictable behavior, such as those with young children or elderly individuals.
- Temperament: Trained dogs have been evaluated for their temperament and suitability for certain tasks or lifestyles. This can be helpful for individuals who want a dog with a particular temperament, such as a calm and friendly disposition or a more protective instinct.
- Peace of Mind: Purchasing a trained dog can provide peace of mind that the dog has been well-cared for and trained using humane and effective methods. This can be particularly important for individuals who want to avoid the potential risks associated with rescuing a dog with unknown or problematic behavior.
- Instant Bonding: When you buy a trained dog, you can usually bond with them more quickly and easily than with a puppy. This is because trained dogs have already learned to trust and respect humans, and have developed a bond with their previous owner or trainer. This can make the transition to a new home smoother and less stressful for both you and the dog.
At Aly’s Puppy Boot Camp, we have a two programs of Trained Dogs available.
Our GREAT DOG program and our elite DOODLE AMBASSADORS. Dogs in our GREAT DOG program are often retired breeders or relinquished to us from humans who have had a dramatic season and they can no longer care for their dog. If I accept one of these older dogs into my program, we do have it’s medical history, we spend tons of time getting to know that individual and then match that dog with the exact kind of home we think it will be most successful in.
Dogs in our elite DOODLE AMBASSADOR program were special even before they were born!
I get my pick(s) of the litter. I know the temperament of these pups. I often know generations of dogs in their lineage; their parents, grandparents, great grandparents, great-great grandparents, aunts, uncles and even siblings from other pairings. My son Luke and I temperament test the litter and truly, we select the pup that we would want to be our own. These are the best of the best pups. From exceptional breeding, to the months and months of training these pups receive from the APBC team. These puppies arrive to us at 8 weeks old, train with us for approximately 6 months before they go to their PERFECTMATCH™ homes at aorund 8 months old. Clients that are selected for our elite Doodle Ambassadors are thrilled because they get plenty of puppy to love, without any of the puppy problems!
Getting a trained dog is great for all kinds of reasons, but training YOU is the most important part of what we do at Aly’s Puppy Boot Camp. All the while, YOU, the human, is receiving your training as well, and it all culminates with your graduation where you come to us or it can be arranged for us to bring your pup directly to you! These pups are truly the BEST of the BEST. Best breeding + Best foundation training + the PERFECTMATCH™ chosen humans = BEST DOG EVER! When you consider that most 2-3 week training programs of our caliber are around 4200.00, you begin to see the value of this elite program that includes six months of training!
By the time our dogs graduate they have been out in public, at restaurants, ride in cars, crate trained, potty trained, in our homes, groomed, handled by people of all ages and around, cats, chickens, goats, horses, ducks, bunnies, and all the rest of our FUNNY FARM crew.
They are ready to live life with you! By graduation, they will have the skills necessary to pass AKC Canine Good Citizens Test and Therapy Dog Testing with a competent handler. Of our past Doodle Ambassadors, many have gone on to accomplish amazing things: certified Therapy Dogs, Service Dogs and Emotional Support dogs. We have several dogs working in schools in California, Florida and Hong Kong. Another was the FIRST Therapy Dog in the San Francisco cancer center. These are very special pups in mind, body and soul!
This elite program includes: Two day training for humans at our facility, or dog is shipped directly to you with an APBC team member and video tutorials. PLUS 4 follow up private appointments at our facility or via FACETIME plus 30 days admission into our private FB group with live demonstrations weekly.
Doodle Ambassador training program we lay the foundations for, and work on:
- Crate Training and HouseBreaking (if needed)
- Basic Obedience Cues – Sit, Down, Stay, Come, Paws Up and Place
- Daily Socialization to Dogs and People
- Pack Walks
- Socialization to New Places, Sights and Sounds
- Confidence Building
- Loose Leash Walking
- Work with Distance & Duration
- Work around distractions
- House Manners
- Grooming Manners
- Car Riding Manner
- Off leash Reliability
- Long Distance Recall
- Working with Longer Distance and Durations
- Working around high level distractions
- Some initial tasking for our working dog programs
Also Included in all our training packages::
- Owner receives Daily Homework emails and video education
- Graduation at our facility, Or you can arrange graduation at your home (additional costs)
- GO HOME folder with “Schedule for Success” with transition protocols
- Access to our private Facebook group for ongoing support & education.
- Access to future boarding as an APBC alumni with discounted daily rates.
- Access to future training programs at APBC alumni discounted daily rates.